Seeking an Activities Coordinator who will be responsible for developing and facilitating recreational groups and programs which meet the social, emotional, cognitive and physical needs of the individuals and participants in the Career Development Program. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following;
- Assist with coordination and implementation of routine duties and events by planning activities and developing a curriculum for the CDC participants.
- Develop groups and programs in consideration of the needs, abilities, and interests of the participants. The provision of programs shall offer a variety of formats including small group, one on one, and large group and take into consideration the diverse population in the program.
- Research new ideas for programs and activities, taking into consideration participant’s suggestions.
- Initiate and plan the monthly calendar in conjunction with the Operations Supervisors to implement daily programs and activities.
- Assists with transporting or escorting program participants to, from and within the program, on campus, and on external trips
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; and two years related experience; or five years equivalent experience working with intellectually disabled adults.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in working with adults with disabilities/functional impairments.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral); strong organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Work PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Valid Driver’s License. Clean Driving record.
- Requires successful completion of all trainings regulated by the licensing agency and NCIA required trainings.
As an NCIA team member, you will enjoy a competitive salary, generous benefit package (including health, dental and life insurance, generous vacation and a matching 403B program) and the satisfaction of knowing you’re part of a great team that provides our individuals with a great life experience.
NCIA is an equal opportunity employer committed to the letter and spirit of the law.
Interested applicants should submit resumes and salary requirements to: email@example.com