Job Title: Career Development Program (CDP) Director
Reports To: Vice President/Executive Director of Adult Services
FLSA Status: Exempt
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB: This is a full-time position charged with the comprehensive management of all support and employee components of the Career Development Program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises all facets of the Career Development Program.
- Utilizes a Cellular phone to maintain ongoing communication with Interdisciplinary Team Members, CDP management staff and other relevant program staff.
- Assures that clients’ Individual Plans are developed and implemented as stipulated in applicable regulations, policies and procedures.
- Assures documentation of services is maintained as specified in Agency policy.
- Assures that all staff adheres to all applicable agencies, state and federal policies regarding confidentiality, abuse, neglect of individuals.
- Assures that the fundamental rights of each individual are not violated.
- Evaluates program supports (SWOT) annually and strategically plans enhancements, corrections and program development activities accordingly.
- Responsible for the full implementation of program supports and the on-going evaluation and continuous improvement of such supports.
- Assures that appropriate staffing levels are in place at all times..
- Participates as a member of the ARD Committee.
- Attends/participates in meetings as directed by Executive Director.
- Serves as liaison between the community and the CDP.
- Assures sound fiscal management of the CDP.
- Meets regularly with the Executive Director to review progress and address any concerns regarding the CDP
- Reviews and audits payroll, budgets and other fiscal items to insure accuracy and to insure compliance with Agency policies and U.S. Department of labor Wage and Hour Laws.
- Insures that staff is informed of Agency Policies and Procedures and ensures they attend training as scheduled.
- Completes evaluations of management staff reporting directly to him/her performs other related duties as assigned by the Executive Director
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Supervises all administrative employees directly and all CDP staff indirectly.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree (BA) plus five (5) years of experience in program supervision/management within programs providing supports to individuals with intellectual disabilities and other developmental disabilities.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.,) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Time Management, Social, Leadership, Organizational, and Motivational Skills, Ability to Execute Decisions, Delegation and Follow-up, Proficient Articulator, Strong Work Ethic
This position is primarily a sedentary one with frequent use of arms and hands to reach and write. Standing and walking or ambulatory ability is required to be able to perform in this job. Ability to communicate and hear clearly as well as close vision are essential. Ability to lift 10 pounds unassisted.
Primarily indoor office environment. No exposure to weather elements, hazardous fumes or chemicals, electrical shock or vibrations. Moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic).
Interested applicants should submit resumes and salary requirements to: email@example.com
NCIA is an EEO M / F / D / V employer.