Seeking a Career Development Specialist to assist intellectually challenged individuals receiving services at the Career Development Center to follow their plans and achieve their career goals. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following;
- Provide information and assistance about career development, career search and careers to participants.
- Interview participants to obtain employment history, education and career goals
- Assist participants to establish career goals and to develop education or other plans
- Identify barriers to employment
- Document, consistently and accurately, in real time, all participant and employer contact, activities and outcomes.
- Screens and matches CDC participants with employment opportunities based on their skills, work experience, hobbies and interests.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; and two years related experience; or five years equivalent experience working with intellectually disabled adults.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in working with adults with disabilities/functional impairments.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral); strong organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Work PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Valid Driver’s License. Clean Driving record.
- Requires successful completion of all trainings regulated by the licensing agency and NCIA required trainings.
As an NCIA team member, you will enjoy a competitive salary, generous benefit package (including health, dental and life insurance, generous vacation and a matching 403B program) and the satisfaction of knowing you’re part of a great team that provides our individuals with a great life experience.
NCIA is an equal opportunity employer committed to the letter and spirit of the law.
Interested applicants should submit resumes and salary requirements to: email@example.com