The National Center on Institutions and Alternatives (NCIA) is currently seeking an IEP Aide for our Youth in Transition School to perform supervision to assigned student at all times.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet their student at the entrance door in the morning.
- Escort student to cafeteria for breakfast and sit next to or be within six feet of the student.
- Sit next to the student in the classroom and assist the student with his/ her class work as needed.
- Must escort student to respective destinations (bathroom, change of class, field trip . .).
- Record and document the students’ maladaptive behaviors.
- Monitor students’ weekly point sheet and be directly involved in the developing and implementing the student’s behavior management plan.
- Plan age appropriate activities for the student and help deescalate any disruptive behaviors (ex. walk around building, listening to music, time out).
- Never take student off school grounds without permission from an administrative staff
- To be aware of the student’s behaviors, habits, and triggers that contribute to disruptive responses.
- At dismissal time, the IEP Aide will escort student to his/ her transportation.
- Performs other such duties/assignment as directed by teacher/administrator
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Interested applicants should submit resumes to email@example.com.
NCIA is an EEO M/F/D/V employer.