Seeking an Instructional Assistant who will work directly under the supervision of the classroom teacher at our Youth in Transition Program (School) to help implement the instructional program.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Work with individual students and small groups of students
- Collect and record instructional and behavioral data as requested
- Assist the teacher in maintaining the classroom management program
- Monitor students in time-out and the lunchroom
- Supervise students moving throughout the building in between classes and transition
- Arrive to work on time (7:45am to 3:45pm)
- Report to assigned classroom and await student arrival. While waiting for student arrival, assist in daily classroom preparation (make copies, prepare point sheets, etc.).
- Assist the classroom teacher with daily lesson, score, check, and record grades
- Alerts teacher to any problem or special information about an individual
- Carrying out teacher-planned activities with students, assisting with classroom and outdoor supervision and clerical work.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Current Para-professional certification
- Six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
As an NCIA team member, you will enjoy a competitive salary, generous benefit package (including health, dental and life insurance, generous vacation and a matching 403B program) and the satisfaction of knowing you’re part of a great team that provides our individuals with a great life experience.
NCIA is an equal opportunity employer committed to the letter and spirit of the law.