Date: March 23, 2020
To: All Career Development Staff
From: Sandra Mock Myers, Director of Human Resources
RE: Reassignment during temporary program closure March 16-March 27, 2020
Due to the temporary closure of the Career Development Center, you were given the option to work in Residential homes. We realize that we could not accommodate the same schedule and hours for all displaced staff. In order to give everyone an opportunity to earn 80 hours of pay for March 16 – March 27, Executive Management has put the following in place:
- If you elect not to work during the closure due to an illness or underlying health concern, you may be paid using your available Sick and Safe hours.
- If you elect not to work during the closure for non-health related issues, you will not be paid.
- If you work less than 40 hours a week, your accrued vacation and/or personal leave hours will be added to your timecard to make up the difference.
- If you are late for your shift you will not be paid for time missed.
- If you leave your shift early you will not be paid for time missed, except in specific circumstances and with documentation.
- If you work 40 hours in a week, your leave accruals will not be used.
- You will be paid overtime if you work more than 40 hours in a week.
- No new vacation requests will be approved until normal operations resume.
- If you call out sick from a shift, you may be paid out of sick and safe leave, if available.
- Sick and safe leave will only be used in the event of an illness or domestic violence.
- You may be given the option to work additional hours instead of using accrued leave. There are no guarantees that you will work the same schedule and at the same location.
- If you do not want to use leave time to make up lost hours, please notify Brandi Powell.