Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Reports To: Maintenance Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB: The purpose of this position is to provide maintenance support throughout NCIA facilities. This is a full-time, hourly position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must possess skills in the areas of light electrical, light plumbing, carpentry, painting, light mechanical repair, and some furniture repair.
- Must provide, keep in vehicle at all times and be able to use: small power tools to include 120V skill saw, drill & sawzall. Water thermometer, refrigerator thermometer. Drywall tools to include trough, spackle knives 6”,10” & 16”. Plumbing tool to include – Map torch, pipe cutter, pliers & adjustable wrenches in a variety of sizes. Painting tools including brush, roller, paint tray, extension pole and drop cloth. Ladders – 18” or larger extension ladder and 6’ step ladder.
- Carry on person at all times: operable company provided phone.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Must have a valid Maryland State driver’s license.
- Must have less than 2 points on current record to qualify.
- CPR. First Aid and Communicable Disease training within 60 days of hire
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must have the ability and means to maintain all personal tools in excellent working condition.
- Consumable tool accessories shall be provided by NCIA.
- Ability to interact with consumers, staff and management in a positive and friendly manner.
- Strong organization skill, excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to assess and prioritize maintenance, safety and environmental request.
- Must have reliable transportation in the form of a maintenance ready pick-up truck or Cargo van to travel to any and all units as needed.
- Must also be able and willing to pick-up and transport all materials as needed.
- Must have own basic tools to perform all general maintenance tasks.
- Answer emergency call as needed.
- Must be able to verbally and/or physically respond to emergency situations, including working evenings and weekends, as needed
This position will require excellent physical health with the ability to lift up to 50 lbs unassisted and up to 100 lbs with assistance. Flexibility to climb, crawl, crouch and kneel in cramped or precarious positions is essential. Ability to see close up, distance and peripherally is also required. Use of all limbs for reaching, lifting, walking, climbing, etc. will be required.
Nearly one third of this position’s time may be spent in wet or humid conditions, near moving mechanical parts, high, precarious places, near fumes or airborne particles. Exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals, outdoor weather conditions, extreme cold or heat, vibration and risk of electrical shock. Moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic)
Interested applicants should submit resumes to email@example.com.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse.