Department: CBAI Residential
Reports To: Deputy ED
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
General Purpose of the Job: Our Medical Service Runner/Floater is responsible for insuring that assigned individuals consistently attend PCP and Podiatry medical appointments as scheduled. Provide emergency coverage in ALU’s as requested.
Essential Duties of the Job:
- Retrieves individuals and transports them to assigned medical appointments,
- Insures that all necessary paperwork is secured for fulfilling medical appointments,
- Insure that post-appointment paperwork is completed by the HCP,
- Secures follow-up and referral appointments from the HCP,
- If permissible, due to the days schedule, obtains follow-up lab work requested by the HCP immediately following the appointment with the requesting HCP,
- Keeps accurate vehicle log records for vehicles utilized for medical appointments,
- As available, provides coverage in ALU’s,
- Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or G.E.D. Experience in an office environment, preferably medical, where administrative and organizational skills are utilized. CNA/CMT Certified.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, compose appropriate correspondences and memos. Ability to effectively present information in one on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, con1mon fractions, and deci1nals. Ability to con1pute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: CMT
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Proficient with MS Word and Excel. Ability to learn and become proficient with medical billing software. Attention to detail, ability to organize medications, appointments and records.
Light Duty; mostly sedentary, driving, walking, occasional lifting up to 25 lbs. Computer work requiring close vision acuity, use of hands and arms.
Office environment with client interaction to set up appointments and gather payment and information. Moderate noise examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic)
Work schedule is day shift, Monday through Friday very rarely requiring overtime or weekends except for special projects.
Interested applicants should submit resumes and salary requirements to: email@example.com
NCIA is an EEO M / F / D / V employer.