NCIA Announces Groundbreaking Ceremony for New Career Development Center
On Friday, May 27, 2011, NCIA celebrated the construction of its new Career Development Center (CDC) with a groundbreaking ceremony at 2621 Lord Baltimore Drive at Ambassador Road in Woodlawn, Maryland.
The groundbreaking ceremony was attended by State and local dignitaries including Baltimore County Executive Kevin Kamenetz, Senator Delores Kelley, Delegate Adrienne Jones, Delegate Shirley Nathan-Pulliam, and Baltimore County Councilman Kenneth Oliver.
Herbert Hoelter, NCIA CEO, opened the ceremony with introductions and remarks followed by commentary from County Executive Kamenetz.
The Career Development Center will be an adult career training program for approximately 250 intellectually disabled adults. It will create a minimum of 50 additional employment opportunities at NCIA and 150 construction jobs. The new building is designed to create a space that is conducive to learning. Plenty of open space, natural light and an outdoor atrium provide a great learning environment. Designed by architect Leo D’Aleo, the CDC is a one and a half story building of approximately 19,000 square feet.
The Career Development Center is scheduled to open in October 2011.
- The National Center on Institutions and Alternatives, Inc. (NCIA) celebrates the Grand Opening of its Career Development Center
- Online HSA: NCIA Youth In Transition School’s New Computer Lab
- Northrop Grumman employees bring holiday cheer to our Youth in Transition School
- NCIA Celebrates the Grand Opening of The Youth In Transition School’s Automotive Training Center
- The Youth In Transition School Announces New Automotive Program