This position requires you to Complete a Questionnaire:
Follow the red link below to complete the questionnaire.
The National Center on Institutions and Alternatives (NCIA) is seeking Direct Care Professionals to work in our Laurel sector supervising, counseling and providing a variety of residential services to our adults with developmental disabilities and youth with special needs. Our House Managers and Residential Counselors follow specific individual treatment plans, administer medication, teach daily living skills, and provide transportation and document activities and progress occurring during each shift.
Full-time supervisory and full-time, part-time and per diem counselor positions are available in the metropolitan Baltimore area. Must have weekend availability, have a minimum of high school diploma or GED, a valid drivers license, reliable transportation and 21 years or older. NCIA is a drug free environment and pre-employment and random drug testing is conducted, as well as criminal background checks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides supervision, counseling and other residential services to individuals with developmental disabilities in a residential environment while following a specific treatment plan;
- Administers medication
- Provides documentation of all activities and issues that occur during the shift.
- Counseling & crisis intervention skills required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Minimum High School Education or GED.
- One year working in the behavioral science or similar field and working with individuals with developmental disabilities is strongly preferred.
The following trainings are preferred: CPR, First Aid, and Medication Administration.
All training mandated by the COMAR regulations, such as: Principles of Behavior; Characteristics and Needs of Individuals with Developmental Disabilities; Communication; Communicable Diseases; Community Integration and Inclusion; Values, Outcomes and Fundamental Rights of Individuals Directed Oriented Outcome Planning; Management of Disruptive Behavior; Seizure Disorder Training and Supporting Individuals and Families in Making Choices.
Requires successful completion of all trainings regulated by the licensing agency and NCIA required trainings.