Health Updates 3/24
We hope you are continuing to follow “social distancing”! Sprout has compiled a playlist of 10 short films featuring people with developmental disabilities that will provide a distraction while you are at home! For our followers, participants, and agency staff that are staying indoors during this stressful time – I hope this playlist will be an enjoyable and meaningful distraction.
As things continue to change daily when it comes to dealing with COVID-19 here are some of the latest updates from NCIA, Governor Hogan, and the CDC:
- All NCIA buildings are closed with the exception of critical personnel
- NCIA residential homes remain fully staffed
- As of 5 p.m. yesterday, all non-essential businesses, organizations, establishments, and facilities in MD are to close
- Everyone has a role to play to reduce and slow transmission of COVID-19. Social distancing is one way to prevent the spread of COVID-19. This means avoiding crowded places and maintaining distance from others. More prevention tips: https://bit.ly/2QbLFkW
- Caregivers: Pay attention for potential COVID-19 symptoms of those you care for, including, fever, cough, and shortness of breath. Call a healthcare provider if you think your loved one may have symptoms. https://bit.ly/38ofRQc
Stay on the looking out for signs and symptoms! New studies show a loss of smell or taste might signal infection. People may be sick with the virus for 1 to 14 days before developing symptoms. Be alert and continue to wash your hands.