The National Center on Institutions and Alternatives, Inc. (NCIA) celebrates the Grand Opening of its Career Development Center
On Monday, April 30, 2012, NCIA celebrated the grand opening of its $3 million Career Development Center located at 2621 Lord Baltimore Road in Woodlawn, Maryland.
State and local dignitaries attended the event including; Baltimore County Executive Kevin Kamenetz, Legislative Aide representing Delegate Adrienne Jones, Speaker Pro Tem, Baltimore County Council Chairwoman Vicki Almond and Baltimore County Councilman Kenneth Oliver.
The Career Development Center is a state-of-the-art, 19,000 square foot facility supporting approximately 250 adults with intellectual disabilities. The new building is designed to create a space that is conducive to learning. Plenty of open space, natural light and an outdoor atrium provide a great learning environment.
The Career Development Center features the following programs:
- Café and cafeteria
- Computer training center
- Creative Art Room
- Exercise and Fitness Center
- Retail Mall and gift shop
- Staff Training Centers
- Vocational training and conference rooms
If you would like more information or a tour of NCIA’s new Career Development Center please contact Walter Billips, Director of Operations at 443-780-1375
- Report: Rash of Suicides at D.C. Jail Points to Deep Problem With Inmates’ Mental Health Care
- Suicide Prevention in Correctional Facilities: Reflections and Next Steps
- The National Center on Institutions and Alternatives, Inc. (NCIA) celebrates the Grand Opening of its Career Development Center
- Online HSA: NCIA Youth In Transition School’s New Computer Lab
- Northrop Grumman employees bring holiday cheer to our Youth in Transition School